How could I not have been grateful for Fridays before? It's my very favourite day of the week. My day today looked like this:
- After drop off I did tuckshop duty this morning for a couple of hours
- I cleaned out the chicken coop and did two loads of washing
- I pre-prepared a pasta bake to go into the oven for dinner and an extra one for my friend who is moving house today
- I baked a pear and apple tea cake for afternoon tea and a batch of raspberry and white chocolate muffins to freeze
- I did some work for Village Voices
- I picked up the kids and an Extra and we ate that pear and apple tea cake with an extra dollop of vanilla yoghurt and it was bliss, sheer bliss and I tried not to think about the fact that it took so long to bake and yet was gone in about 43 seconds flat
- I did some more work for Village Voices outside while the children built a dinosaur cave under the trampoline and ran around like crazy people playing 'Dinosaur King'
- I drank cordial (oh, alright then, I had wine) with my friend (mother of Extra) on the verandah and we shouted at each other as the cockatoos screeched in to roost for the night. We cheers-ed that gorg little Magoo while we were at it.
- We ate the pasta bake dinner and the Tsunamis had baths and fruit parfaits for dessert
- I tucked the kids in and here I am, settled at my computer, happy as a clam, sending kids back to bed here and there
- LOML went straight from work to the movies for the night (if you were wondering why he didn't feature in my Friday rundown!)
Yep. This week I'm grateful for...
272. Fridays - it's my wind-down day. The whole weekend to look forward to and generally there is wine involved.
273. Praise - I love it. It makes everything worthwhile to know you've pleased someone.
274. Sneakers - trainers, runners, sandshoes... call them what you will. I've been wearing mine all week, looking atrocious but a few too many wild dance moves at the Trivia Night last Saturday meant my back needed the daggy help. The Trivia Night was a total blast, by the way. The Leftovers were lots and lots of fun.
Come link up with us this week at the 52 Weeks of Grateful project at Kidspot.
I'm writing about being grateful for CLUTTER of all things. Come see what I mean!
What was your day like today?
[Image found on Driftwood Interiors]